We are looking for a well-organized, detail-oriented Department Manager to join our growing organization from the digital sector. You will be responsible for effective operation of the entire department. This means leading teams, delivering multiple work streams, ensuring all projects are managed in line with time, budget and quality. To be successful as a Department Manager, you should have a firm personality and strong leadership skills. In addition, you should be able to identify issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Working closely with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients in order to achieve set goals.
- Observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current operations.
- Ensuring that new work is correctly scoped and ensuring quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Supporting teams within a department to smoothly achieve each team's project portfolio goals.
- Ongoing work with project managers from teams to eliminate blockers and bottlenecks and to better plan and control work progress.
- Assisting the HR department with training and onboarding processes.
- Acting as mentor and coach for direct reports.
Salary range: 15000 - 20 000 PLN net (B2B contract)
- Ability to resource plan, financial planning, control and reporting efficiently and effectively.
- Understanding technical and personnel dependencies to identify and eliminate project risks early.
- Quick decision making to correct work practices, team composition and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Ability to set expectations for attitude change and support the team member in working toward change.
- Ability to use existing resources in the best way, quick to assess and make decisions on optimal allocation of team members, time constraints.
- 3-4 years of experience in IT change management and a structured approach to organizing teams' work, scheduling billing time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build good relationships, bonding teams within the department and building sympathy.
- Experience in working within dynamic, fast-paced environments and ability to quickly reaction according to business changes.
- Offline and online integration events.
- Additional monthly integration budget for each team member.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of choosing a workplace (remote or from the office).
- 3 hours for your development per week.
- Development budget for each employee in the amount of 3000 PLN/year.
- Private medical care.
- A unique internal program to support motivation and build relationships (Bonus room).
- Access to a rich company library and the possibility of its expansion.
- Financing of computer equipment for B2B employees.
We're a people-first company. Thanks to unique work culture, we have created a space that not only attracts great employees but is also a forge of real talents. Check how cool we are: bit.ly/StrixCulture.
We've great experts on the team. It is not only our opinion, the Clutch.co named us the best company in the category "Top Developers in Poland 2020": bit.ly/TopDev2020.
Because it's the best place to grow! Knowledge & wisdom are our main values - that's exactly why our company name comes from the owl species. We take our employees' ideas seriously and give Strixers space for self-development - training, conferences, internal meetups, or courses.
If you think Strix will be the perfect place for you to work, we'd love to see you on board. Let us know & send us your application.
Here's what comes next!
- Phone/Online interview - we will ask you about your experiences, challenges, and expectations regarding your job at Strix.
- Call with our managers who will tell you more about the project, and ask you a couple of questions concerning your knowledge.
- Recruitment Task.
- Feedback, decision, and offer!